GRANT WRITING: Contact us for CFA and other Grants
Grant writing is a professional skill, and not for the faint of heart. Arc fully understands that the writing of the grant is only one part of the entire application process. So, Arc doesn’t just write grants. We engage in the “grant cycle”, which includes detailed on-going collaboration with the client, identification of a variety of funding sources, including relevant grants, accumulating the information, attaining valuable ancillary documents such as letters of recommendation, writing the grant application, submitting. If accepted, Arc does the all important “grant administration” work afterwards, ensuring and documenting that the funds are spent correctly, as per the specs of the grant. And if the application is not accepted, Arc gets the feedback you need in debriefings, to ensure a more successful follow-up submission in the next funding cycle.
Grant writing experience includes those written solely or collaborated on for Federal, NY State, and local funding entities for a wide variety of needs.
Grant Applications submitted on behalf of clients of Arc Business & Writing Services. Grant writing services provided by Harv Hilowitz and staff.
LIST OF GRANT APPLICATIONS COMPLETED & SUBMITTTED ~
Museum Association of New York (MANY & NYSCA), Mount Gulian Historic Site submission, October 2015, for accessioning the donated Mary & Ed Verplanck Collection. Request: $4,500
- New York State Consolidated Funding Application 2015 (CFA), submitted for the Yonkers Carpet Mills Arts District, an $18mm project to renovate and identity market ten historic mill buildings for working arts studios and creative spaces. Request: $4.25mm. Project awarded official NY State Priority Project status, October, 2015.
- The Luis Munoz Marin Foundation, National Historic Site, San Juan, Puerto Rico: research, grant writing and submission, with Mag Advisors. Submitted to Mellon Foundation. April, 2015 for digitalization of the historic archival collection, $500,000 request.
- The Luis Munoz Marin Foundation, San Juan, Puerto Rico: research, grant review and application editing for Mag Advisors. To attract major funding for this National Historic Site, for facility development, exhibitions and programming. November, 2014
- The Massachusetts Society of the Cincinnati, Mount Gulian Historic Site submission, to continue its highly regarded interactive American History program to elementary school students in the Hudson Valley region. Submitted September, 2014, Received $1200.
- Bank of America, US Trust, submitted for The Foundation for the Child Victims of the Family Courts. For major funding of this not-for-profit child advocacy organization. Preliminary Submission, September, 2014
- New York State Consolidated Funding Application 2014 (CFA), submitted for Zumtobel Lighting, Inc., Highland NY, for infrastructure improvements, new equipment and staff training. Submitted July, 2014. Won $706,000.
- The Connecticut Society of the Cincinnati, Mount Gulian Historic Site submission, for inventorying of a Verplanck historic archival collection. Received $1000.
- New York State Council on the Humanities, Humanities Programming Implementation Grant, submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site, for new living history presentations, March, 2014. Not won.
- The New York State Society of the Cincinnati, Mount Gulian Historic Site, submission, for construction improvements on the House Museum. October, 2013. Received $2500.
- U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, Grant Implementation, for Mag Advisors’ client United Way of D.C. Capital Region. Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Recovery, Regional 2-1-1 Communication Plan, 2013
- The Connecticut Society of the Cincinnati, submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site for debates on Constitutional issues, to be held on site. Received $2500.
CONTACT US FOR GRANTWRITING & RESEARCH PROJECTS, INCLUDING THE NY STATE CFA...
- New York State Consolidated Funding Application 2013 (CFA), submitted for Town of Wawarsing, for a study on re-use of the Colony Farm properties. Submission 2013. Not won.
- The Massachusetts Society of the Cincinnati, submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site, in support of the project to restore the front and back porches of the House Museum. Received $2500.
- Federal Center for Disease Control, Grant Submission for Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC, client of Mag Advisors; Cooperative Agreement for the Development, Coordination & Implementation of a Community Based Health Education Transmedia Grant. Not won. 2012
- U.S. Department of Labor, et al; Grant Submission for The Hudson Valley Center for Innovation, Inc., and the City of Newburgh: Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge Grant, to create WindWorks, a wind energy consortium in the Hudson Valley. Not won. 2011
- Institute of Museum & Library Services (IMLS) National Grant, submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site for living history presentations, film and related research on personages at Mount Gulian. Received $106,000, implemented 2010-2012.
- The Hudson River Greenway Grant, Mount Gulian Historic Site for Site Trail Development. Won $5000, implemented 2010.
- NY State Council on the Arts Grant, Submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site for historic research on James F. Brown, master gardener, diarist and escaped slave who lived at Mount Gulian. Received $7,500 for Phase I, implemented 2007. Received $7,500, for Phase II, implemented 2008.
- The Lounsberry Foundation Grants, Submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site for Educational Programming & Operating Expenses. Won Annually, $2,500. 2006-Present
- NY State Heritage Grant Program, Submitted for Mount Gulian Historic Site’s Society of the Cincinnati Panel Exhibit. Received $12,000. Implemented 2006.
- NYSERDA (NY State Energy Research & Development Agency) Grant Submissions for TechCity, Kingston (former IBM site): Best Practices Facilities Grant For Energy Audit, Site Design & Energy Improvements Not won. 2000 & 2001.